Monday, March 19, 2007

Well it's Monday, the start to a long week. For me it's a bit of a break from the beer store. I have to work tonight, and then get 2 days off before going back into the combat zone.I feel like I've been living over there since last Thursday at 5:00 p.m.(my boss went on holidays so I've been working for her 5 long days). Cash, floats, backups of data, running off copies of everything, paperwork, I tell ya, I would not want to do that everyday. It's very frustrating to find a discrepancy between the sales and what's on the final sheet. Then I have to start all over and find the problem. Go through everybody's notes from nightshift to find out what happened, and why money is more or less. Yesterday, I almost had to be there from 8 in the morning until 11 at night. One of the employee's was very tired from another job and didn't want to work. So I phoned around to try and find someone to replace him, with no luck. I finally got a hold of the one girl and asked if she came in at 5, I would go eat, and then come back around 7 to finish off the night.She would, but it looked like she could not get there until 6. My shift was supposed to be over at 4. I had to stay until 5. When he called back, I said that I would stay and do his shift, but explained that we lost 3 people in one week so now there are only 4 of us. He said he'd come in. Thank goodness! I'm tired from living in there.
I did get a chance briefly on St. Patty's day to go to the pub and check things out over there. I snapped a few photo's with my camera phone.(the pub owns the cold beer store and has set it up just down the road). Then it was off home where I drove my daughter and her friend to a birthday party, and back home to eat, go to bed, and wake up early and head back over to work in the wee hours of the morn.It was a long weekend, drunk's...happy although, and lots of 'cab' calling, police checking in on me because of the festive excuse for some to get out of control.Other than that, it was a very somewhat tame weekend. The first picture is Haley, and Sara behind the bar, the second is my hubby with his Leprechaun tatoo, very Irish indeed,the third is some of the crew relaxing, and the fourth is Bob.....yeah. Seemed pretty quiet until some woman none of us ever seen before, came along and, well, I'm not sure what she was doing. Let's just say she was very intoxicated. She was looking for ....something I'm sure. She sat beside my hubby at one point, and then I think she got the feeling she was being watched!....that was about when she looked over and saw me! Need I say more, she vacated pretty quickly . She didn't have to much to say, he kinda had a deer caught in the headlights sort of look. A light smile from me and, sorry mom and dad, a few soft colorful words from me that only she understood, and she got up and went to another seat.Neil and I floated around to rescue one of our friends that she had her 'eye' on. I mean it....I think she could only see out of one eye.Just as fast as she appeared, she was gone. Thank goodness. Hope you all had a good weekend. Talk to you soon...

3 comments:

LZ Blogger said...

As close as I got to something GREEN this St. Patties' Day was looking at my tulips which are starting to pop up where the snow was a week ago. (But I'll take it)! ~ jb///

Sharon said...

Sounds like you need to take a little time off for R and R!!
Have a good day!
S.

Leish said...

my you're a busy chick! Is that a real tattoo on Neil?