Thursday, December 14, 2006


I have a wonderful "Holiday Soup" recipe you all might like to try. It is very easy to make. Basically it is the traditional Hamburger Soup.

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (28 oz.) stewed tomatoes
2 cups water
3 cups beef broth
1 can (10 oz) tomato soup
4 large carrots, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup barley
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil

In a large frying pan brown the ground beef, onion and garlic.In a large soup pot combine the beef mixture with all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours. I like to add potato's, about 5-7. This soup taste's very good the next day. When I make it, I make enough for about 12 people, but there is rarely enough left the next day to make even 1 bowl!!! It is delicious !!! Enjoy........

1 comment:

Leish said...

I've made a similar recipe before, and it's yummy!